- ROSARY. The family that prays together stays together. (Fr Patrick Peyton)
- ANGELUS. Pray the Angelus three times a day: morning, noon, and evening. A great way to sanctify the day through this beautiful Marian prayer.
- SCAPULAR. Wear the garment of Mary; stay under her mantle of protection.
- GOLDEN HAIL MARY. Pray the “Hail Mary” slowly and reflectively.
- MARIAN FEAST DAYS. Get to know them
- COMMUNION. Receive Holy Communion on Mary’s feast days to honor her and her Son, Jesus the Lord.
- TRUE DEVOTION TO MARY. Consecrate your whole being to Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- IMITATION. Strive always to imitate Jesus and Mary– the best way to live.
- TEMPTATIONS. Oblate motto; “Maria cogita, Maria invoca” (Latin) Think of Mary and invoke Mary.
- DEATH. Like Jesus and the saints to die in the arms of Mary.
Father Ed Broom, OMV, is Associate Pastor of St. Peter Chanel Church in Hawaiian Gardens, California. He is a member of the Oblates of the Virgin Mary and was ordained by Saint John Paul II on May 25, 1986. Fr. Ed teaches Catholic Ignatian Marian Spirituality through articles, podcasts, a radio show, retreats and spiritual direction.