FRATERNAL CORRECTION: PRACTICAL STEPS
- First, we should desire to be corrected before correcting others.
- Make sure that the person is at fault.
- Pray fervently for the person before giving the correction.
- Find the right time and place.
- TIME. When the person is well-disposed: at peace and not tired and frustrated.
- PLACE. Never in public; this would be embarrassing!
- MANNER! Always with charity. Remember the words of St Francis de Sales: “You can catch more flies with a teaspoon of honey than with a barrel of vinegar.
- KINDNESS! Before, during and after.
- Admit that you are the first to be corrected.